How do I add a template to my account?
There are two ways you can send envelopes out to a party; either by uploading a new file every time you want to send an envelope out or by sending a re-usable template.
Templates are ideal for documents that have very few (or no) variables when sending to different recipients. Common examples include non-disclosure agreements, terms and conditions and terms of business.
Why set up a template instead of uploading each time?
The main reason is to save your business precious time! Once the template is setup, your users just need to select the template they want to send, fill in the party details, complete any merge field information and click Send! They won’t need to drag on any fields or reformat, making an already fast alternative to traditional document signing, even faster.
Using merge fields allows you to adjust small bits of information on the template and make it specific to each party. When sending out a template, if you have any merge fields, you will be prompted to complete these prior to sending the document to a party.
OK, you’ve sold me – How do I create these magical templates you speak of?
This is an easy process and requires barely any time.
1. Click the ‘Templates’ tab on the left hotbar.
2. Navigate to the ‘New Template’ button and click it.
3. Click in the specified area and search for the template you wish to upload on your system and press open when done.
We currently support portrait orientation PDF, Word and Excel documents
4. If successful you will be prompted with a green popup saying that your template was successfully uploaded.
5. You may now use this template for any of your signing needs by assigning parties and dragging on signable fields.
6. Once complete you just click send and off your document goes to its recipients!